Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sam Spruell Talks About Kristen

Asked by Digital Spy what Theron and Stewart were like to work with, Spruell replied: "Charlize is an absolute powerhouse. Kristen is a quieter soul, but both are great to work with.

"I don't think I'd be able to do [a franchise] at her age. It must be quite a burden - amazing, but it might stop you from being young. At 21 we were just kicking around, being stupid, but she has to be responsible for quite a lot. It must weigh down her a lot."

He continued: "She is a very cool cat, though. She's very chilled... I think she feels grateful for those films because they catapulted her career into the stratosphere. I think any actor would be grateful for that. I think there is a burden that comes with being that famous, of course. I'm sure she feels vulnerable at times, but overall, she's incredibly grateful."

Spruell added that he wouldn't be surprised to see Snow White and the Huntsman fuel a trend of grittier fairytale movies.

"A lot of fairytales do have a dark subtext," he said. "They are dealing with the darker side of human nature and human existence.

"I think really, I think it will evolve. I think someone next year will do something completely different, but certainly Snow White... is a darker retelling of the story. It explores many things and I think it'll be emotionally engaging on lots of different levels."

Snow White and the Huntsman opens in cinemas on June 1 in the US and the UK

via

No comments:

Post a Comment